On Point Wildlife Removal
363 Halloran St SE, Palm Bay, FL 32909
Brevard and Indian River County, Florida
Armadillos are small mammals, known for their unique armor-like shell and notorious for their digging habits. One species in particular – the nine-banded armadillo – has made its way into the southern United States, which we see plenty of here in Florida.
The armadillo, is the only animal capable of rolling itself into a ball for protection. Armadillos prefer warm, moist climates, and thrive in forested areas and grasslands. Because they must dig for their food and shelter, they generally gravitate towards areas with loose, porous soil, which we typically ends up being somebody’s flower garden or back yard. Armadillos eat primarily insects, which account for about 90% of its diet.
Armadillos always have four, identical pups in a litter, as when reproduction occurs, the egg splits apart into 4 individual ones.
When frightened, nine-banded armadillos will jump vertically about 3-4 feet in the air. Scientists believe this is a defense mechanism for scaring potential predators.
Why we don’t want armadillos in our yard…
While most of us love seeing wildlife out and about, armadillos are one of the nuisance ones we don’t want to see, and for good reason.
The damage armadillos cause is enormous, they dig up our gardens, and destroy our lawns while looking for insects and worms to eat. In addition to being the cause of many cracked sidewalks and driveways, yes they are responsible for that too. When an armadillo digs its den, it does so against a structure usually. This can be the side of your house, or your drive way. When a hole big enough is dug, under the concrete foundation, the foundation will crack om the void left under it. This leads to some costly repairs.
In addition to physical damage, they also carry diseases such as leprosy. Luckily armadillos are relatively easy to trap if you know the correct methods, but they can be difficult if you don’t. And they just generally smell bad too, lol.
Areas Serviced For Armadillo Removal
- Alafaya FL Armadillo Removal
- Brevard County FL Armadillo Control
- Cape Canaveral FL Armadillo Trapping Services
- Cocoa Beach FL Armadillo Exterminator
- Cocoa FL Armadillo Removal
- East Orlando FL Armadillo Control
- Melbourne FL Armadillo Trapping Services
- Merritt Island FL Armadillo Exterminator
- Oviedo FL Armadillo Removal
- Palm Bay FL Armadillo Control
- Port St John FL Armadillo Trapping Services
- Rockledge FL Armadillo Exterminator
- Sebastian FL Armadillo Removal
- Suntree FL Armadillo Control
- Titusville FL Armadillo Trapping Services
- Vero Beach, FL Armadillo Exterminator
- Vero FL Armadillo Removal
- Viera FL Armadillo Control
- Waterford Lakes FL Armadillo Trapping Services